The House My Father Built
Principles of Design
- Balance/Unity-The asymmetrical balance in this image is the man on the right and the house on the left.
- Emphasis-The attention is towards the black figure on the right because he is larger than any other thing in this picture and he is all black.
- Movement/Rhythm-The movement is towards the people in the house because the black figure is looking down on them.
- Pattern/Repetition-All the black figures around the picture seem to be the same person.
- Contrast-The house and the man on the seem to be the two parts of this art make you think.
- Variety-The black man on the right gives you that feeling that he is watching the house while he people are in it.